Development AssociateCompany: Albany Symphony
Date Posted: March 27, 2018
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and implement the strategies created by the Director of Development, Executive Director, and Development Committee for the acquisition, cultivation, retention, and stewardship of current and prospective individual donors, including the production of all printed collateral, letters, and mailings.
- Implement administration of Donor Benefits packages, including fulfillment of benefits, production of mailings, follow up, and donor event planning.
- Lead the annual fund efforts through direct mail, telefundraising, and digital giving
- Assist the Director of Development and Executive Director in researching key individuals and corporations to enhance fundraising efforts for the organization.
- Work with the director of development to ensure execution of all concert sponsor benefits.
- Serve as the lead operator for the donor database (Theatre Manager), including its infrastructure, data entry systems, gift processing and reporting.
- Identify and implement processes and improvements to ensure the integrity of the database, including troubleshooting/identifying inconsistencies and making corrections.
- Process all incoming contributions and pledges.
- Prepare and mail all donor acknowledgements.
- Prepare and track invoices on unpaid pledges.
- Create and update program book donor listings and other development content.
Volunteer and Events Management
- Assist and support the Gala and Special Events Committees including coordinating meetings, organizing lists, organizing site visits and implementing details for events.
- Assist in presenting special events tied to donor cultivation/acquisition/stewardship, and income generation
- Support activities and processes for the Board of Directors.
- Attend all concerts and performances and other occasional events on evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate shall have an associate’s degree or higher and at least 2 year of administrative experience and shall:
Qualities and skills:
- Possess great integrity
- Be able to interact effectively and enjoy working with diverse constituencies
- Be committed to a high level of customer service
- Be a strong team player
- Be able to maintain confidentiality in working with sensitive information
- Be a self-starter
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Have attention to detail
Experience using a donor database and skills in prospect research, donor cultivation, and written appeals are preferred. Experience in and knowledge of the arts are a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive full-time salary offered, as well as health and dental insurance, voluntary participation in 403(b)retirement program, and parking benefits. Ten (10) vacation days are offered per year, as well as eight (8) sick days and three (3) personal days. National holidays are observed as days off.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to –
Geoffrey Miller, Director of Development