Part-time Executive DirectorCompany: Albany Fund for Education
Date Posted: February 10, 2018
The Albany Fund for Education is Seeking
Applicants to Serve as Part-Time
The Albany Fund for Education enhances opportunities for students to learn, grow, and succeed.
We will be valued for building community partnerships, raising funds, and investing in innovative and effective programs and projects that strengthen the educational infrastructure of the City School District of Albany and meet the needs of all its students.
Executive Director Search
The Albany Fund for Education has a strong Board and volunteer committee structure that raises approximately $50K annually through a gala, annual appeals, SEFA campaign, and district staff contributions. We award grants to teachers in the Albany Public School District who propose innovative projects that meet the needs of students. Our Board works collaboratively to identify programs and projects that will strengthen the educational infrastructure of the City School District of Albany and benefit its students. We are seeking a part time (approx. 20 hrs. /wk.) Executive Director to support and enhance Board efforts to achieve our mission and vision. The Albany Fund for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires extensive administrative work as well as the ability to establish relationships within the community. The Executive Director will attend Board meetings and assist in coordinating and executing planned initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Administrative and organizational efforts to help organize Board support systems, advance programs, and develop partnerships and internal systems to demonstrate and enhance AFE’s impact:
- Marketing - Assist with AFE’s 20th year re-branding
- Administrative bookkeeping, fiscal processing, and data base management
- Develop a consistent system for program evaluation
- Initiate and maintain strategic partnerships
- Work with committee heads to ensure program success
- Facilitate board communication and adherence to schedules
- Support fundraising efforts including:
- Developing a database of donors & event attendees, volunteers, Board members, and funded programs, key contacts within the school district, etc.
- Coordinating distribution and personalization by Board members of Friends Campaign annual appeals (two per year)
- Ensuring timely and personalized acknowledgements are sent within a week of gift receipt
- Coordination of the annual gala, including pursuing sponsorships
- Listing in the State Employees Federated Appeal, District payroll deductions, and District Restricted Funds
- Grant writing
Note: The AFE Executive Committee will meet quarterly with the Executive Director to establish reasonable priorities for what can be accomplished within the established number of working hours. The Committee will provide an annual performance review and ongoing feedback.
Hours: Flexible hours, approximately 20 hours/week, with the potential to move toward full time in the future.
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of nonprofit regulations and Board/Staff structure, roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of communications and use of social media
- Proficient in the use of QuickBooks, Word, Access, Excel,
- Experience with fundraising through special events, annual appeals, and grant-writing
- Self-motivated team player with strong organizational and communication skills
Commensurate with experience. Please note, benefits are not provided.
- Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, writing sample (e.g. a solicitation or introductory letter) and resume to AlbanyAFE@gmail.com. Applications accepted through March 1, 2018