Database Manager for Institutional AdvancementCompany: Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Date Posted: February 15, 2017
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences seeks an organized, and detail- and deadline-oriented individual to manage its Raiser’s Edge Database (including RE NXT) for the Institutional Advancement department. This position is responsible for data structure; supervision; data retrieval; report customization and analysis; policies & procedures; security; and data entry quality control. ACPHS is in the midst of a Capital Campaign and needs a self-starter to join its proactive Advancement team (10+ members). The position reports to and works closely with the Director of Advancement Research.
The Database Manager plays a key role in working with Institutional Advancement administrators and staff, responsible for annual fund; phonathon; major gifts; events; institutional giving; publications and stewardship. In addition, the Database Manager is responsible for the processing of contributions, payments and purchase orders, and is the point of contact for the College’s Finance Department for the reconciliation of all contributions and expenses. The Database Manager provides training to members of the Institutional Advancement team on the use of Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT. The Database Manager will also provide tactical solutions for implementation of tasks related to the database.
The Office of Institutional Advancement raises funds in support of the College’s mission and Institutional initiatives. Other department functions include alumni relations and events, stewardship, individual, foundation and corporate fundraising, publications, online outreach, and assistance to the President’s office and other departments. The Database Manager has a systems role in all of these areas. All Office of Institutional Advancement team members work toward the Department’s success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintaining the overall quality and integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database, including working with Blackbaud support staff to troubleshoot problems with the database and staying current with updates to the system;
• Working with the Director of Advancement Research to establish and maintain best practices and procedures;
• Managing database backup process;
• Assisting the VP of Institutional Advancement with monthly and quarterly revenue reports; weekly report recaps and preparing reports for the Development Committee and Board of Trustees;
• Reconciling gifts monthly with the finance department;
• Responding to requests from other Institutional Advancement staff for updates to the database and fundraising reports;
• Creating and generating various financial and dashboard reports for the department, as well as other staff;
• Generating various mailing lists for the development department and other staff;
• Training new database users
• Experience establishing and codifying best practices
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and able to work effectively with others
• Must be committed to abide by a strict code of confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Organized, and detail-and-deadline oriented individual
• Knowledge of Crystal Reports and Pivot Reports
•The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to take initiative, work independently and be accountable.
• Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and ways to accomplish projects and goals
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Associates with 2-3 years' experience;
- Raiser's Edge fundraising software (version 7.69 or higher and RE NXT
- 3-5 years' experience in Development Information System
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit https://employment.acphs.edu/postings/350.
You will be prompted to complete an online application and upload documents as listed in the online posting.
For questions about the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACPHS offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Visit the ACPHS website at www.acphs.edu
ACPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.